Monday, May 11, 2015

Great Camping trip!

For once, no one is sitting or eating.



Ethan had just picked himself up, 'I'm ok'- he said, lip bravely wobbling.

Mmmmmm. Bit high maybe?

Sam seems to find my camera annoying.












First night was super windy. None of us could sleep.











Kids all loved the pill box.

Jamie checking out tonight's catch.



Come on D...you can lift it!
The knight was returning from the Crusades he told us. 





Like game of thrones. Seems born to the job of bored ruler.







Sticks played a central in the weekends fun...and fair share of injuries.

Is that going in?!

After 12 hours, the kids took over.










Have a knife? Sword? Bow and arrow? catapult? Mace?
It all helps harden them up. Readying then for a world of incessant stabbing and trebuchets.....or boarding school. Or borstal.
I'm saving up for an RPG. Soon as I've removed that arrow from my eye socket....

Lots of cricket was played. Jamie shows how it's done. 

Sam spent most of the time injuring himself. I think the pen knife experiment might be over! Sam agrees. In fact, I think he suspects my judgement might be impaired without Sarah to guide me.

Doug is first in loo queue and willing to fight for the right. At least this knife is wooden.

Think I gained about 3kg...same for kids.



Quite a big drop other side....worrying about your kids is SOOOOO BORING. But I just can't stop!

Kids were really really helpful with raising the tents. 

Am waiting for a better pic than this...with me actually in it. The kids spent about 2 hours wrestling on this little ridge on Sat afternoon when the sun came out. 

Oscar benignly tossing toddlers this way and that!

Miraculously not a single injury! They did fall asleep fast that night. 


No comments:

France 2020